Thread: 0.1-beta2
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 03:50 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickhand View Post
because soon it will do everything that cybook's firmware does and more, and the things that cybook's firmware already does, OI will do better.
Does that include support for mobiDRM? What about other DRM formats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickhand View Post
That, and it's open, so it is fully customizable. So the question will soon be:
Why would I keep cybook's limited original firmware?
I considered putting Rockbox on my iPod gen 4. While it did do things that my iPod didn't do, for example play flac and ogg... it did nothing that I "wanted". So, I saw no reason to install it. I would have the same answer for CyBook base firmware. If it does everything you want there would be no reason to put another firmware on it.

Anyway... I tried to see what madshelf was and did. I went here but it didn't really tell me anything... Is there an documentation? A list of features at least?

Thanks.

BOb