View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 08:59 AM   #512
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by David58117 View Post
Actually, having owned three paperwhites, on one replacement a single led seemed to be brighter than the others, and looked almost like a spotlight. The others shined a dim light that didn't go into the words, but this single led was a bright white, and cast further out (into the text).

It sucked, as it was an otherwise ok unit. There was just this ever present bright white mini spotlight..

Maybe that's not what he's referring to, but it happened with one of mine..
Was it the second one from the right? On my first one, I had something the shape of a triangle where the lightguides crisscrossed above that one, so way above the regular lightcones to where it interfered with text. I have seen that same exact light spot on some replacements, but not as bad=bright.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote