View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 03:52 PM   #62
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chyron8472 View Post
The whole story that if you buy an ebook for personal use and don't sell or distribute it (as that takes profits away from the author), that noone need know or care that you broke the DRM since you bought it and only keep it for yourself and therefore ought to be able to format/fix/edit it how you want?

That whole story?

I don't think the keyboard is "cheap." You might prefer the touch screen, but it makes the barrier to entry higher for prospective ebook buying customers of Sony books than for Kindle books.

yes, Barnes and Noble is everywhere here.

Okay, so there are Sony stores here, though they're few and far between, and I've never seen one in my life.

Also, if my wife's Kindle breaks and we receive a replacement free of charge, including shipping within 2 days of my calling Amazon CS about it, I'd say I don't need a local Amazon store.
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...sony_retailers

That is a complete list of Sony retailers. It's a huge list.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote