View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 01:45 PM   #68
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonist View Post
Actually, most Apple computers are priced pretty competitively, if you compare them to branded Windows hardware.

I personally have given up buying cheap substitutions, because while I saved a few $$$, I was never really happy with the look, quality, etc.. In fact, even if I wanted to run Windows, I'd still prefer to do it on Apple hardware.
Yep, there's not denying Apple stuff is well built, well designed etc.

It's just a matter of what a person cares about. For me, it's all performance and price. I don't care about looks, build quality etc. all that much.

I'm fine with my ugly, black, plastic Lenova Thinkpad T400. It's fast, doesn't crash or freeze etc.

As long as my PCs are quick and reliable, that's all I need. Others care more about build quality, appearance etc. and are willing to pay for it and that's fine.

I never bash Apple. They make quality products, and make a lot of money selling them. They just haven't made anything that fit my needs at a value I felt was worth it yet. The iPad is the closest they've came yet.