View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 12:02 PM   #23
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
I certainly think that an option to have numerics treated as numerics for sorting purposes would be a good idea (in fact I think it should be the default). I cannot think of a case where I have numerics in a Title/SeriesName where I would want them sorted on the text equivalent of the numerics.

Those Alpha-Numeric values should (normally) sort properly because of the leading 0's

100 < wrong, 3 characters. Make all 3 characters to avoid

all sort correctly because the ASCII weight of a 0 is less than any other digit

Always pad 0's to make all Numeric entries the same length of digits.

In the photo, the DC special should sort AFTER the numbers since the text before this point is the same.

Last edited by theducks; 01-26-2010 at 12:05 PM. Reason: DC note