View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 01:21 PM   #1151
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackr View Post
I just started using the custom status column to help with keeping track of stories that go on hiatus/get canceled, and so far its been a great! However I am encountering a hiccup in the process. When updating if new chapters, metadata only gets applied to stories that have new chapters correct? I ask because I ran a test on a group of stories. And sure enough, when I ran an 'update metadata only' after a regular 'update if new chapters', a couple of the stories changed their status.
Correct. The names say it all--"Update EPUB if New Chapters" only updates if there are new chapters. "Update Calibre Metadata Only" updates the metadata only. Sounds like what you want, however, is "Update EPUB Always".

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackr View Post
I don't know if I am overlooking something or misinterpreting when I read the help box on 'Default Update Calibre Metadata'. If I'm not, could it be a potential feature where the status column metadata gets compared to the metadata already on file, and if different replace it?
The tooltip for 'Default Update Calibre Metadata' says "On each download...". If there are no new chapters with "...if New Chapters", there's no download done, so it doesn't apply.