View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 09:03 AM   #427
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Smart. I forgot to do that when I bought mine from my hubby's account. (He has Prime) when I registered the PW to my account the foreign dictionaries did not transfer over.
It doesn't necessarily help. I bought a paperwhite for myself *not* as a gift, sent to my mother's where I'd be at Christmas. The paperwhite arrived registered to me, all right, but it showed on *her* manage your kindle page (!) and the insurance paperwork for the third-party insurance turned up in her name (!!).

It's clear that, as with everything Amazon, the apparent tight connections that ensure that e.g. only kindles belonging to you actually show up on the myk page are in fact not tight at all. Amazon employees have long said that the company's software is held together with baling wire, string, and prayer, and the more I use their stuff the clearer this gets. (Now their *user interfaces*, *those* they pay attention to. But the underlying code is often pretty awful.)
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote