View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 11:59 AM   #8
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
Well... that describes "The Expats" by Chris Pavone pretty exactly. The only problem is, I really didn't like that book. A lot of people did, though, so you can check out the reviews. Did anybody here read "The Expats"? If so, what did you think of the book and do you think it meets the OP's request?
eP
PS my husband and I really enjoy "The Americans" and we rarely agree on TV shows.
To the OP, I think your title is fine. I understood the request. I thought it was a great question! I just wish I had some suggestions and instead have been waiting to see what other people post.

The Expats also was the only book I could think of when I read the original post since it is about a CIA agent living as an expat and housewife in Luxembourg when her husband takes a job there. It also addresses the duplicitous nature of the family / marriage and interactions with others in the community. However, I also had mixed feelings about recommending the book. Hard to describe why. Perhaps because it had more of a subtle, psychological intrigue rather than the typical excitement and action of an espionage thriller. I borrowed it from my local e-library when I read it.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote