View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 03:48 PM   #75
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
I suspect that part of the problem is rights clearance. Canada has a very complex right clearance, it has to be done on a title by title basis (US related rights versus UK related rights.) I don't know, and don't know how to look up, the rights available through the publishers for each country in the world. So publishers may only have rights to certain countries, or only a title list of available titles that the publisher has the rights to. In addition, local censorship issues may be involved. I expect that Amazon, as a ebook seller, does not want to deal with any title-by-title basis, whatever the reason, rather than just being able to sell anything by the publisher in a country where the publisher has rights.

This is all surmise, of course...