View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 04:29 PM   #12
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshzh View Post
I bought my 602 a few years ago from U.S. for about the same price, no duties or tax collected. I still love it. But the Kobo HD only cost me 135 after tax in Toronto recently, with the larger screen than the 623, I stopped being loyal. For me, Pocketbook is still best in dictionary support. Even with the Koreader software, Kobo does not support on-screen dictionaries except English - X ones. What other features make you feel 623 is the best in the market?
Two things make me want to stay with PocketBook. One, I have got into developing apps using their SDK, and want to continue to do that, as well as using the previous stuff I developed. Because of the uniqueness of their SDK, porting that work to other platforms would not be easy. Two, I've been working for almost a year on transcribing Burt's Polish->English dictionary, and I know how to make that work on PocketBook devices. I would hate to have to throw away that effort if I went to a different ereader company. Those aren't reasons that apply to most people who use ereaders, but they are important to me. So, I would not say that the 623 is best in market, but it meets my specific needs, and is more than good enough in the areas that most other devices cover.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote