View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 08:28 AM   #8
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimosavj View Post
How're the new Pocketbook Touch Lux or Basic Touch comparing to the PB360 in term of stability & ease of use? Do they still have the folder structure to manage ebooks on the devices?
They still have all the features, plus some. So the folder support is there, even with a few clever enhancements.
The new firmware doesn't seem to me as polished and bug-free as the one on my trusty PB360. But, it took a while at PB360 to develop that great firmware and there is is already a public beta for the next firmware for PB623.
I also miss the fbreader180 with its extended configuration possbilities and a theme that would put 50 books/folders on one page the way ClearLook did on PB360.
PDF support is flaky. They have more features, but sometimes you have problem turning page and you have to go to the menu to turn to next page, some epubs in FBReader ignore my settings in styles.cfg and I get text fully justified instead of left justified ... small things but I got used to one of very best devices out there.
In my eyes, despite tiny flaws, my PB623 is still by far the best reader.

If they had front-lit five inch device with a lid like PB360, I would try to import it from Mars, not only from France ;-)

It is sad they pulled out of USA market, but *very* few players can survive a price war with Amazon that barely breaks even on Kindles (that are manufactured in much greater numbers) ... Sigh ...
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote