View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 05:30 AM   #497
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
In the 1.9.x firmware, there was a bar with tick running across the bottom when the menus were displayed. This gave you an idea of where you were up to and how close to the end of the chapter you are.

What I do now is to bring up the navigation bar. Then I press the right double arrow to go to the next chapter and look at the page number. Then press the return to go back to my current spot. Subtract the page numbers and I know when the chapter ends.
I started using Kobo with the 2.3.1 firmware (I'm still new to this game ) and this bar doesn't ring a bell.
I never thought of using the navigation bar this way but I'll make sure to try soon once my current kepub book is over. Thank you for this advice.
It doesn't seem to involve more steps than checking the TOC on the Sony 650. It may even be quicker
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote