View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 02:59 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadin View Post
Hello,

I have ordered an EZReader Pro and I am curious to know how most of you have standardized your ebook library.

I have a Kindle 1, but I was feeling locked in to a format that is too tied to a single provider. I have also owned a Sony reader. Because of that, I have books in many different formats (mostly LRS, PRC, MOBI, and LIT). The only DRM'd books that I have are the Kindle books. The EZReader supports so many formats that I thought it would work well with my collection and I could standardize on a single format that will be safe for the future.

With that in mind, which format do you use with your EZReader? Do you buy DRM'd books with your EZReader? Are they safe for the future?

Any advice that you might have will be appreciated.
The PEz (Pocket Pro) uses a file / folder system along with a Special, Recently read folder (which I use a lot, since I read what strikes my current mood , so I tend to have a number of title going).
Work on a file plan that works for you and what you read.

I use Calibre to manage my files and folders.
Since I read a lot of "Series" titles, I use:
{series}/{series_index:0>2s}-{title}_{id}/{title}-{authors}
The 0>2s always uses 2 digits for the seris order so it sorts correctly:

I use a different mask for non-series titles as I did not like some artifacts left behind for titles without series or index.

BTW Robert FAQ Item: "Recently read supports the last 32 (4 screens) of files selected (Books, Music and Images)".

A new entry comes in on Page 1, Item 1 and gets pushed down as New files are viewed. Unfortunately, The last viewed does not float to the top and there is no "Remove from list" feature for those that were view in error. (You can use your computer to remove the Entire list).

Welcome
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote