View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 04:59 PM   #42
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
itimpi - I added a simple string substitution that correctly handles simple cases like series numbers from 0-999. Will be in the next release.

The challenge with sorting titles on leading non-alpha characters is a more complex issue because of the way I'm generating anchors in the generated HTML, and how/where such titles would be listed in the 'Books By Title' section.

For example, all titles are currently coerced to starting with A-Z, and the corresponding sections are named "Books beginning with 'A'", "Books beginning with 'B'", etc.

How would you propose listing titles starting with non-alpha characters? "Books beginning with '1'"? "Books beginning with non-alpha characters"? I'm trying to keep the output as clean as possible.

G
Anything that does not start with A to Z get lumped and ASCII sorted into an "Begins with other" .
The examples were good:
I would be looking for 2001 A Space Odyssey
1635: The Cannon Law < figured it out (Sixteen, not One Six)