View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 03:16 PM   #32
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle
I tried to create a mobi catalog, and it failed. I investigated the file it failed on, and I had some html tags in the comments. Once I removed the tags, the catalog generated fine - although it did take a while (Macbook Pro running 10.6.2) - I actually came to ask if I should kill the job. My MBP sounded like a jet about to take off, the fans were spinning so loudly. The job finished as I was composing this message, though, so all is well. Off to investigate the output.

Okay, the file is there and I can view it using the built-in viewer, but the covers are missing. The covers do, however, appear when I open the book on my Kindle.

Great addition to the Calibre program, thanks!!

ETA - dumb question - in reading the catalog on my Kindle, I have no navigation. No TOC, and, because it's a publication, no "go to". I also don't have section markers that I can flick left or right. I don't see a list of titles, the file simply opens to the first book and I can next/prev page. I can use the author/tag links, of course, but I was expecting a list as a sort of jumping off point. Am I missing/mis-understanding something?

Last edited by tlrowley; 01-26-2010 at 03:54 PM.