View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 02:18 AM   #4
Polyphemus
I am not The Stig
Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK-3g; PRS-350; Galaxy Tab 7.0+; Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayOf72 View Post
Thanks for the info.
I do remember reading somewhere that the serial on these demo units will actually pass on Amazon.

Google'ing "CyanogenMod" lead me to another forum (from there I found numorus links/downloads/info .. all related to stock units, but maybe its worth a try anyway).

From what I can tell (by looking around at various sites) rooting even a stock Fire is a long drawn out & complex process (certainly looks do-able though...some of the commands look unix/linux 'ish )

A 'stock' Kindle ROM is 200mb .. and guess I need a 100mb 'Android SDK' too downloading thats gonna take awhile LOL
Actually, it's not too painful to root a Fire. After the few necessary files were downloaded, it took about ten minutes to root it and boot it up as a tablet.

Go ahead and give it a try.
Polyphemus is offline   Reply With Quote