View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 10:47 AM   #8
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
For some reason, I had this weird idea that all the collections had to fit on one screen. Last night, I did some re-ordering and now have more than one screen. But I am much happier. I had some collections before that had upwards of 200 books (I was categorizing by source) so they certainly were not helpful in filtering what I wanted to read! Now that I had subdivided some of those (and moved all the magazine back issues onto the iPad so I can read them during school breaks) I am much happier. I now have about 15 collections: by source, and then a few author collections for those where there are a lot of books. So, other Kindle owners, how many collections for you?
I think collections should fit on one screen, also. But I have a couple collections I don't wish to appear on the first screen, and I find the second screen useful for adding books waiting to be put in a collection (especially now that I can add them wirelessly through Calibre). This creates a problem. I refused to put Palin's autobiography in Nonfiction, because she paints herself as an intellectual, so it had to go in Political and Fiction.

Here are my collections on my first page:

Fiction (for modern fiction)
NonFiction
Currently Reading
Already Read
Anthologies
Mystery and Suspense
Contemporary Romance
Political
Historical Romance
Samples

Second page is Archived Items (500), books waiting to be put in collections, newspaper feeds (which come automatically from Calibre) and a collection not to be named.

Last edited by Sydney's Mom; 08-30-2010 at 01:36 PM.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote