View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 01:31 PM   #1
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Managing wish lists

Do you utilize the Save for Later option with your Kindle? Do you download samples? Do you manage a wish list for Kindle titles some other way?

I have put 13 books onto my Save for Later list. I also have 41 samples on my Kindle. (There have been others, but I delete a sample after I buy the book.) In counting the two, I compared and there are no duplications across these two.

I know why I have my "wishes" as two different lists, and it has to do with how I use the Whispernet connection.
  • You can only add a book to your Save for Later list using the Kindle Store interface in the Kindle.
  • At the time I was browsing the Kindle Store, I was concerned about the battery life.
  • Therefore, I clicked the Save for Later option rather than Send a Sample to avoid any battery drain from the transfers.
  • I can select Send a Sample from my browser
  • When I know I have items to download from Amazon, I plug in the power adapter before turning on the antenna.

Like many others, I wish there were consistencies in the shopping options regardless of whether you are using the browser or the Kindle's built-in networking. (Very high on my list of requirements is the ability to download samples to the PC instead of requiring that they be delivered via Whispernet.

So -- how are you organizing your list of books that you want to buy at some point in the future?

Last edited by Elsi; 02-28-2009 at 01:34 PM.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote