View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 12:14 PM   #396
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
I did the same, I had heard about it but passed it up because it sounded rather odd, but then read some good reviews and bought it when it was on sale.

I like unusual, damaged heroes, and Nick is very sweet and very damaged. Freda, the heroine is rather snarky though, and it took me awhile to warm up to her. It definitely has a British feel which is another thing that I really like. I find that British romance authors are far more willing to break the unwritten "rules" that tend to make American romances all sound the same after awhile. It's definitely worth giving it a try at this price.
Yes, I too love unusual and damaged! And I agree about British authors, they do tend to be more 'free' don't they? [gosh I hate making such a generalisation but for me it seems to be true]. Did you ever read any of Jilly Cooper's Rutshire Chronicles? I still have her paperbacks [and now ebooks] from way back in the day and as a matter of fact have a couple that I haven't read yet.

Ack, forgot to add freebie!

This cover is beautiful, same author as 'Boots My Mother Gave Me' [which I still need to read] but here's her new freebie "Let It Go" by Brooklyn James

Last edited by Blue2u; 06-12-2013 at 12:16 PM. Reason: To add freebie
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote