View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 05:01 AM   #767
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I don't think I could handle the 'fasting' business. My mouth is one of my favorite friends, and I hate to deny it pleasure. Even with all this weight loss, I never denied myself treats fairly often. Just tiny ones. Starbucks was my friend for that one... Each day when I'd go in for lunch and a read, they would always give me a little paper cup with a small taste of the desert of the day. Just a single bite... chocolate cake, cheese cake, Cinnamon Roll, etc. And that was enough to stave off a Sweet Tooth Attack. For lunch I'd have one of the Chicken/Veggie Wraps, touted at 154 calories, and the bite of cake may have pushed that to 165... It worked out well.

I haven't been on the scale in several days... Tomorrow morning I'll see what has happened in the past 4-5 days. I haven't been pushing nearly as hard as I did before the New Year, but still exercising and eating small.

Stitchawl
Well it's not like I'm starving myself, just keeping to a maximum of 600 calories on the fasting day. Sounds like you're not far off that yourself on some days? But it is still difficult occasionally, and I find I get colder on the fasting days, and definitely more irritable. I'm normally a real pussycat, but for some reason on the fast days I'm like a bear with a sore head . So that's why, once I reach my 11 stone 7 pounds target (73kg) I will try going to one day fasting per week, which reduces the pressure a tad.

Let us know how tomorrow's weighing ceremony goes.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote