View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 08:15 AM   #776
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I'm going to air a view contrary to one expressed more than once about reading challenges: the bottom line is that I read whatever I want at any given time; length in particular is not a criterion. The challenges give focus to some of my reading, help get me out of ruts, and heighten my enjoyment immensely. I've gotten a lot from the challenges of the past two years and I'm looking forward to my challenges for next year.
Is there a plus infinity button here somewhere for the ruts? I'm looking forward to the 44 books on my required reading list for 2013.

Since this year was all about the decades and letters challenges for me I've taken a bit of time to summarize how the challenges went. I finished all my challenges for the year. All 26 letters and all 13 decades. I also read more books and pages than last year. So on to the useless statistics.

General Statistics
Books Read: 83
Pages Read: 25,253
Authors Read: 59
New Authors: 35

Most Read Letters
P - 13
B - 7
D - 7
A - 6
G - 4
M - 4
S - 4

Most Read Decades
2000s - 26
1990s - 16
2010s - 11
1980s - 10
1960s - 5

Most Read Authors
Terry Pratchett: 9
Diane Duane: 5
Robert Lynn Asprin: 4
Dave Bidini: 3
Chuck Palahniuk: 3

Last edited by HomeInMyShoes; 12-31-2012 at 11:33 AM.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote