View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 02:22 PM   #17
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool cracks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutraa View Post
I, too, noticed lots of KKs for sale on eBay lately. I've had one for almost 24 months. I keep it in a case but take it on lots of trips. So far no damage except tiny hariline cracks running diagonally from the lower corners of the screen.

I assume there is a market for spare KK parts, e.g. batteries, wireless cards and flash memory. I've never tried taking mine apart but it's pretty easy to install new wireless cards and memory in laptops so how hard can it be once you've got the KK case off?

In any case, the eBay prices for these unusable devices are very low. It will be more interesting to see how the market adapts to the onslaught of PWs in a few weeks. Might be nice to have a space K lying around (and I'm too frugal to be an early adopter) even though I keep my book and magazine collection on my laptop and backup, not my KK.
Those cracks are a defect of the early production runs of the Kindle Keyboard. My friend got hers replaced for no charge and no shipping charges. Many others have reported the same deal on replacement of units with that problem. Call Kindle support (not Amazon support) and explain, maybe they are still doing that free replacement (it was regardless of warranty expiration).
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote