Thread: Ebook Price War
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 04:28 PM   #54
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anabana View Post
I'm curious about the afore-mentioned survey. What criteria was used to find only 11% purchase ebooks? Does this include buyers who don't own a reader, but instead read on their computer? This is true of 3 of my friends, all of whom buy more ebooks than I, but I'm the one with a ereader. Does it count the person the book goes to, or the person making the purchase - e.g. I gave the relative a gift card which was spent on ebooks. Seems like there would be lots of variables to consider.
The survey simply asked if you purchased an ebook. This would include everyone with or without devices.

For your example the number should be higher than 19% to include device owners and other ereading or non-ereading people.

About half are finding free reads either authorized or not.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote