View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 09:29 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by belle2 View Post
I have an external hard drive which automatically backs up everything ( I hope)
Thems' real scary words.

You should learn how to routinely TEST your backups to be sure :
1) They work at all (I can't remember how many time I have hear 'I have yesterdays backup' only to find it a)unusable b)the files needed were not on the schedule. )
2)Frequently review the LIST OF items being scheduled. New programs Data folders may not get added automatically.
3)Have the Backup Leave the (daily) LOG on the screen for you to glance at: Look for errors, locked files that can't be backed up. Any issue that blocks a complete backup. Fix (Might require a program to be closed) the Issue and Force those to be backed up NOW.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote