View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 12:37 AM   #14
jmseight
Zealot
jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3G, Kindle Touch 3G, iRiver Story HD, Sony Reader
Hi Geekmaster,

Thanks for the explanation about tcc.

I have a couple of questions:

1) I understand that I can compile in the Kindle with gcc with Debian and OptWare. Debian istaking up 500MB in my Kindle and I am seriously thinking about deleting. I am sure I don't want to take another 250MB for OptWare. Is there a more resource efficient way.

2) Would you please explain why you would want to dither 256 colors to 16 colors?

3) Since most non-e-book programs are written with 24-bit colors, I have been converting 24-bit color to 8-bit color, then from 8-bit to 2-bit by dithering. Maybe there is a quick way to combine the dithering with grayscaling in one operation...

4) Motion streogram will be an excellent demo on the Kindle. My classmate made a 3D rotating cube and hypercube on the computer display, and it made quite a impression.

Thanks,
James
jmseight is offline   Reply With Quote