View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 04:56 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzielou View Post
Is there any way I can tell Calibre to make the title sort field the same as the title in the metadata whenever I add a new book? It always strips off leading 'A's and 'The's and sticks them at the end of the sort title.

I prefer books beginning with 'A something' to show up under 'A' and books beginnign 'The something' to come up under 'T'. So far I have had to do this manually for each book but I am sure there must be some clever way to do this globally.

I have had a look at the forum and can't find an answer but please forgive me if this has already been dealt with and I have missed it.

Any help or links to solutions greatly appreciated.
There is Preferences: Tweaks (at the bottom):
You want to change this one to suit your tastes:
# Control sorting of titles and series in the library display

(values are in the note shown)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote