View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 02:49 AM   #12421
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post

Looked it up at IMDB and that's it. I thought I recalled that the film settings was in San Francisco. Very clever script. Some nice quotes (from IMDB):

[H.G. Wells tracks down Jack the Ripper in the future]
Jack the Ripper: "You are, quite literally, the last person on Earth that I expected to see."

[Jack demonstrates to H.G. that 1979 isn't a social utopia]
Jack the Ripper: "The future isn't what you thought. It's what I am!"

Jack the Ripper: "We don't belong here? On the contrary, Herbert. I belong here completely and utterly. I'm home."

Amy Robbins: "I like that suit. Is that what they're wearing in London?"
H.G. Wells: "It was when I left."
An excellent movie. When I first saw the movie the date in the present that the movie occured on was a few days in the future. It made it even more interesting. BTW, the director went on to direct "Star Trek II - The Wrath Of Khan," an excellent movie. I'm not sure if that movie or the recent "Star Trek" is the best movie.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote