View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 09:38 AM   #25
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Welcome R0bin!

After reading what abookreader wrote, I did a web search in hopes of being able to say that you are somehow both correct about the royalties. The closest I found to vindicate your statement about royalties is that, per their web site, McNaughton's model, many years ago, was to charge for each lending event. But I gather this kind of lease, if still offered, is not popular today.

Libraries help authors in other ways. For one thing, they purchase books. Larger libraries purchase less popular books not widely sold in stores. I have read hundreds of library books that I would never have purchased.

Last edited by SteveEisenberg; 12-18-2010 at 09:40 AM.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote