View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 04:16 AM   #8
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Quote:
Originally Posted by applewine View Post
I think the publisher would go along with it. They are going to make more money and don't have to relax the restrictions on their digital license in any way.

As I explained they would not be losing money because nobody is going to buy the book twice under normal pricing. Getting people to pay more for the same book is a good idea.

I don't think the VHS to DVD example is a good one because you don't buy those at the same time and one does not augment the other in the same way an e-license augments a full rights printed purchase.
Not the large Agency model publishers - no. They generally fight tooth and nail to have every book sold at full price. They don't allow the retailers to discount ebooks, period.

You might get some of the smaller publishers to try it out.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote