View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 06:47 PM   #72
SquiddOhio
Connoisseur
SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.

Device: Kindle Touch
Thumbs up

Due to an overwhelming number of requests (I am easily overwhelmed), I have some photos of the two modifications I have made to my Oberon Touch cover so that it (a) my Paperwhite fits snugly into the straps and (b) the magnet switch is triggered upon opening and closing.
The first two photos show that the felt strips glued to the underside of the three retaining straps are invisible except upon the closest of inspections.
The third photo shows the felt glued to the underside of the corner retaining strap, with a note to tuck the ends of the felt strips into the little slits that go through the Oberon leather backing upon which the Kindle rests.
The fourth and fifth photos are for those who may want to add a magnet and eliminate the need to use the button on the bottom edge of the Kindle to turn it on and off (who can live like that?). The "magnet tape" is pretty standard, and is sold in hardware and craft stores everywhere. It has some sticky on one side, but it is not strong enough to really hold the magnet in place on the cover - use some real glue. I used a little too much glue which shows in the photo, but I will get that off when I get motivated and when I get laughed at in the doctor's waiting room for being so sloppy with such a fine piece of leather.
The felt pieces are easy to get and easy to cut and glue into position. The magnet is optional, of course, and I wish it were a little less conspicuous, but the convenience is very nice.
I hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kindle in case from above-800x728.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	96722   Click image for larger version

Name:	invisible felt padding-661x800.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	96723   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tuck Felt-800x563.jpg