View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 12:01 PM   #983
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJY View Post
* Sound/Volume: Thank you so much (!) for finally giving me a few levels that can be used, much appreciated.
Please be aware that the graphical representation of the volume on-screen is misbehaving badly, (e.g. goes 'under' zero, jumps two bars on one click on higher levels).
I do not know if I am right, but it seems to me that the whole long lasting problem with sound level (and now with visual volume presentation) might be because of natural sound perception of human. The scaling should be logarithmical (e.g. in dB measures) and not linear.

Up to 1.7 volume & visualisation were probably linear. And so too loud even for low volume. Since 1.8 volume might be something like logarithmic, but visualization stayed probably linear (and so jumping few bars instead of one).

If we have say 10 linear levels of volume available and say 4 visual bars, the levels assigned to bars should be 1, 2, 5 and 10. (Maybe little bit different, I speak about the concept, not how exactly it should be.) Each step would represent linear perception of volume increase.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote