View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 09:37 PM   #130
Dahak
Zealot
Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony PRS-505(LC) & Rocket eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPGuy View Post
The files were licensed under a VERY weak license ("This disk and its contents may be copied and shared, but NOT sold. All commercial rights are reserved. That’s it.") and make no mention of restricting the sharing to single persons rather than the internet. Either she misunderstood what she was signing in which case she should have just been more careful in the future or she truly believes that Baen doesn't have the right to authorize distribution over the internet in which case she should be suing them for damages.
My personal opinion - and that's all it can be because Bujold and I have had exactly zero interaction on this, or any subject - is that she's either misinformed or delusional (and probably should get a better agent/lawyer).

She's trained people on her mailing list to also refer to my site as 'that pirate site' (not that it's a subject of frequent discussion).

Amusingly, she seems that have no quibbles about people on her mailing list providing direct links for discussion regarding Drake & Flint CDs on my site, but gets prickly if anyone should have stooped to providing links to the Cryoburn CD (which is what prompts me to suggest delusion).
Dahak is offline   Reply With Quote