View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 11:00 PM   #258
adamselene
Enthusiast
adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Touch, Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
@adamselene, try following file structure:
Code:
/mnt/us/fonts/Averia Bold Italic.ttf
/mnt/us/fonts/Averia Bold.ttf
/mnt/us/fonts/Averia Italic.ttf
/mnt/us/fonts/Averia Regular.ttf
I.e. put fonts (.ttf files) directly in the /mnt/us/fonts.

Also, KT must "reboot" automatically in 7-8 minutes after ;fc-cache entering (cache invalidating is slow and alt fonts are added to cache last of all). Only after this "rebooting" new fonts will be available ("rebooting" is not real rebooting, it's just restarting of framework, but it looks like rebooting).

Which version of firmware do you have?
I eventually figured out both of those things. Basically I just have to wait.

I also noticed that it only displays the first 2 or 3 fonts alphabetically—and since the builtin fonts it displays are HangulGothicMTC-Medium_E and HeiseiMaruG, this means that fonts later in the alphabet can't be used. (There's an obscure Russian page which mentions that the fonts have to start with A-G, but it doesn't actually say why. The dependency appears to be on the actual font name, embedded in the file, and not the file name.) This is slightly annoying for me, because the font I really want on the Kindle is Warnock Pro. (I did a mockup of some books with Warnock Pro embedded, and they look great!) Time to edit some .ttf files.

Firmware is 5.1.0.

Last edited by adamselene; 06-19-2012 at 12:40 AM.
adamselene is offline   Reply With Quote