View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 06:43 PM   #7
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelysarcasm View Post
I'm using Terminal on a mac, and I've done this particular hack before. I remember running into this problem and fixing it, I just didn't remember what I did. I realize asking questions sets you up for the "newbies" thing, but I can handle SSH-ing, I just figured someone might be able to notice the problem and give me a quick fix, rather than googling myself into a headache for the next four hours.

I know for sure I never had to deal with editing a known hosts file. Regardless, I figured it out on my own. Thanks.
This is Linux (or mac or any other *nix) -
The man(ual) command is your friend - use it.
I.E:
man ssh
Plus there will be a list of "see also" with the manual section numbers. Use "man" on those also.

If you don't have a *nix installation - enter the same into a google search box - google knows where to find every page of the *nix manuals.

P.S: If your on a Mac - then you at the home of OpenSSH (OpenSSH is a BSD project app. - just ported to everything else in the world).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote