View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 10:43 PM   #143
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
This is the only error that prevents a stable release. If you look a few threads back, it was suggested that the problem was caused by low memory and someone proposed using rsync instead of cp. I will try that when I have time. All releases are open source so if you want to do it manually, read the source.

UPDATE

I've finally posted all the changes I've made. Mainly, 3G, power, USB, and web browser fixes for the DX (tested on US DX) and using rsync to copy files. While using rsync may not fix the problem, I've made it output verbose so the logs should be more helpful such as where it crashes and when.

This release is completely untested as my Kindles are working correctly and I don't want to break them again. I'm too busy to fix Kindles these days. For this reason, there may be obvious syntax errors or such. Just remember, post logs and information and I'll try to fix as fast as I can.

UPDATE 2
Linux experts, please read to check my logic in this rsync command: I want a way to copy all files and directories from location X to location Y while skipping a list of files & directories & deleting extra files/directories that are not copied or excluded. Does this work?

rsync --exclude-from=${FILE_LIST} --delete --progress -vvax / ${ROOT}/

FILE_LIST is a text file like:
Code:
/dev
/etc/udev/rules.d/10-mario.rules
/mnt
Notice it's in absolute path and I don't want to skip ALL folders named "dev" or "mnt" just the ones in root.

In addition, the command should delete extra files that are not copied nor excluded, right?

Again, I don't have the time to test, so someone else needs to check my logic.

Last edited by yifanlu; 05-13-2011 at 11:38 PM.
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote