View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 03:03 AM   #14
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
I was under the assumption that it was 500mah per USB hub, so if you have 2 USB ports on your computer running off one internal hub, the 500mah was shared between the ports. So if you are running a USB mouse drawing say 50mah and you plug in your PEZ, that would leave 450mah for the PEZ to draw on.

I could be wrong but that was the impression I got with USB, mah output is per hub, not port.
mah is the wrong term. That's for batteries where it is current over time. For a voltage source, it's just ma, which it delivers continuously. Another way to put it is that they are rated at 2.5 watts (5 volts at half an amp, i.e. 500 ma)

Computer motherboards can have multiple USB controllers, so it will depend on the particular design. Chances are, that the ports on the back, where you usually put your mouse and keyboard, are independent of the ones on the front of the case.

and anyway, as theducks says, you still have more than enough spare current, and in practice it DOES charge.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote