View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 04:06 PM   #9
Geralt
Witcher
Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by voracious71 View Post
There's a few of them like that on Goodreads. I just ignore it after chuckling at their reviews. There's also the morality brigade on there. All worried that their kids or even other adults will be corrupted by the books with drinking, drugs, sex or violence in them.

I feel bad for kids with parents like that. I was not really policed at all with my reading once I passed the age of 12.
I ignored it too until this one. Goodreads serves me for list organization, nothing more. But this one surprised me I guess.

I too was never censored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
The person in question hated 64 out of 172 books, about 30%, which doesn't seem outrageous if she is adventurous in her reading. Higher than me as 90% of my reading is stuff I know I will like.

Too many books, too little time.
She has 172 ratings, but she only read 164 books. And its 65 of those that are 1 star or 2 stars, which make 39% not 30.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
It's easier to generate network traffic with piss and vinegar than roses.
I don't remember what rule number that is, but negativity sells at least for traffic.
She doesn't work for goodreads though, so I don't see this as publicity stunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh603 View Post
Reminds me of a Devil's Panties strip. SFW, I might add.
lol, good one. Kinda accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
I can agree that reading one or two books in a genre to find whether I like the genre or not is adventurous. Continuing to read books in the genre after you find you don't like it is just plain crazy.
Bingo. That's what threw me off the most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post
Hard to say much of anything without seeing this individual's profile for ourselves.
I don't care for discussing this individual, I'm more interested in this kind of behavior. She's not an isolated case I think.
Geralt is offline   Reply With Quote