View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 02:36 PM   #29
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbait View Post
I wonder if mobileread entity take some advantage from this... partnership and what's the role of a usual user - like this one - in this ecosystem.
No advantage for us in the app not being free, I promise.

Quote:
No free app in all the world? Geez, this tapathing must be something... ) Please note, I do not want to offend anyone...
No offense taken. In fact, we would like to offer the app for free.

There is also the option for us to purchase a branded version that would not only make us more visible in the App store but also allow us to offer the app for free to you. The only reason we have been hesitant to go with that option is because it doesn't receive the same update treatment as the official Tapatalk version does. Tapatalk people are currently in the process of reviewing this update cycle, and once it is more favorable, we'll definitely go this route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
There is a free alternative called TouchBB, but not as many forums (including this one) support it.
Interesting, I never heard of TouchBB before. It seems they only offer an iPhone app though. There is also Forum Runner, but we opted for Tapatalk instead.

Quote:
My biggest complaint with TapaTalk is that, by default, seemingly every forum that I visit on my phone creates a popup to tell me that they have an app and that I should download it. It's annoying.
100% agreed. We opted to remove the popup (there were justified complaints), and replaced it with a forum notice if a mobile device is detected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
Anyone got a cheap tablet to sell me?
I don't. Don't have a tablet either, but I am eyeing the Nexus 7.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote