View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 11:15 AM   #1
GlassX
Connoisseur
GlassX can name that song in three notesGlassX can name that song in three notesGlassX can name that song in three notesGlassX can name that song in three notesGlassX can name that song in three notesGlassX can name that song in three notesGlassX can name that song in three notesGlassX can name that song in three notesGlassX can name that song in three notesGlassX can name that song in three notesGlassX can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle 3, K4NT
Journal .pdf papers in Kindle 3

Just got my Kindle and one of the main reasons is that I read lots of scientific papers in .pdf format and I get tired reading from a pc/laptop screen, while printing all of them is just a crime against humanity (and my pocket).

Yeah I know I should get the DX because of the larger screen, but there is a big difference in price and I wanted a smaller device. So I bought it knowing it wouldnt be the best solution and being determined to work around any problems.
I'd like to know if other people it use it for this type of reading and what is their approach. My .pdfs are regular papers with the two columns format and the two columns is the main problem.

I tried 200% zoom and portrait mode or 150% and landscape. In portrait the fonts are somewhat small, while landscape has the problem that Shift is a bit far in order to scoll and that it needs a lot of scrolling down.

What's your preferences or what tricks do you use in order to make it easier for you?
Any advice would be appreciated
GlassX is offline   Reply With Quote