View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 11:37 PM   #3
Big McLargeHuge
Enthusiast
Big McLargeHuge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Big McLargeHuge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Big McLargeHuge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Big McLargeHuge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Big McLargeHuge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Big McLargeHuge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Big McLargeHuge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Big McLargeHuge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Big McLargeHuge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Big McLargeHuge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Big McLargeHuge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None Currently
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottdmk View Post
I've had good experiences with Kobo Customer Service. Other folks have not. Your mileage may vary.
Not sure what you mean here. Not liking a product is seldom a justifiable reason for returning it. Also not sure what you mean by product... reader or ebook?
Firmware 2.1.5 is quite stable. I've yet to have a crash on my Touch while running it. Keep in mind that the number of problem cases is always exaggerated on forums... people talk about problems. They don't tend to post "My e-reader is working great!" (although you can find a few "thank you!" topics around here if you look.)
It depends on the book. If the book contains formatting defaults, the Kobo e-reader firmware won't over-ride them. Sometimes you can run into this even on a kepub. However, if it's a problem most people have had great success in using Calibre to strip out the formatting. This would be quite simple on a DRM free book.

Can't speak to the Glo... but epub support and a Canadian store were the two main factors for me on the Touch. Most Canadian libraries can't loan to Kindles.
It's infrared. I find it works great on the Touch. Never had a capacitive screen e-reader, so I can't compare.
Thanks a lot for the help!

I mean ereader. Amazon's return policy let's you return something and you can give the reason on the drop down list "no longer wanted". All they do is subtract shipping costs. Best Buy does the same thing with open electronics. I don't expect to return books or anything like that of course (unless they're unreadable due to errors or formatting issues), but Amazon also lets you return Kindle books within 7 days from the "Manage my Kindle" section, without even having to talk to anyone.
Big McLargeHuge is offline   Reply With Quote