View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 10:18 AM   #5
screenreader
screenreader began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Thank you, HarryT , ggendel and Tompe!!

I never intended to read A4 sized pdfs. But the average tankoubon (manga volume) is quite similar to the reader's screen, way smaller than even an A5 (half an A4) so size shouldn't be a problem.

About pdf problems being well-known, maybe it should be a good thing that Booken stated this in their website. When I was thinking of buying the device, I just saw "PDF supported" and no notice of known issues or problems with the format. Thus, not acknowledging this problems in their very website is somewhat deceiving, at least from my point of view.

It's not a nice surprise to notice this once I purchased the device. As a customer, I shouldn't have to navigate forums to know these kind of problems, if they are well known by the developer itself.

About page cropping, I tried, and works reasonably well, but my real problem is why some pdfs are readable and others not. Size? Number of pages? jpeg compression?

About the SD Card, yes, I definitely "safely removed hardware" before removing the cable. I perfomer all this operations from an external card reader, not through the Cybook. Hope this helps.

Thank you again for your answers and your concern.

Last edited by screenreader; 01-03-2008 at 10:22 AM.
screenreader is offline   Reply With Quote