Thread: The Strain
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 09:17 PM   #15
Exer
I see Russia!
Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Etch-A-Sketch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loss Stop View Post
Began reading this a couple days ago, about halfway through it. So terribly written. Don't understand the high rating this book has gotten. It reads like terrible fan fiction from someone who's watched too many crummy Hollywood movies.

Was really excited for it too. Loved Pan's Labyrinth and the Hell Boy movies.
I agree completely. I finished the book and had absolutely no desire at all to look for the next installment. I found most of the scenes highly unlikely and unbelievable and ended up with no emotional attachment to any of the characters.

Also the big, bad villain came off as such a joke that I was rolling my eyes through the whole final confrontation.

On the other hand, I loved The Passage. That story was rolling around in my brain for weeks after finishing the book. The ending was a surprising and thrilling. One of those books where I had to groan to know the story was over and I had to wait until the next part was published.
Exer is offline   Reply With Quote