View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 03:15 PM   #19
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Boox m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_tm View Post
Like web browsers, I expect PDF-readers to be quite flexible and accept many invalid files.

There is no miracle involved in the acceptance of invalid documents - it is pragmatism. Which invalid HTML files browsers accept varies and that is probably true of PDF readers as well. That is why it might be valuable to examine the PDF file from the perspective of the standard.

Given a valid PDF file, however, I would be quite surprised if it did not display at all in Acrobat (though there are many examples of this as well - just look at the number of patches and revisions there are of the Adobe Reader to prevent carefully crafted PDFs from compromising the OS).
If there's a yardstick to measure the validity of PDFs it is Adobe Acrobat, not Onyx M92. Particularly that this is not the first case of m92 misbehaving when other readers just work (go search for archive.org thread in this forum - you think this got fixed? Months on? Huh!) As I wrote, the file opens just fine in Acrobat, Xpdf, Xournal and Evince - what else is needed to say that software in m92 is defunct?
janek is offline   Reply With Quote