Thread: Torture!!
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 06:34 AM   #5
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
I don't understand the Doctoror quote, it makes no sense to me. A reader is limited in that they can only see what is ahead of them, the writer has no such limitation.
Many writers have no more an idea where the story is going then the reader, often less. For example, Steven King in his book, On Writing admits that he does not know where his stories are going before he writes it, and is often surprised at the twist and turns his stories take. He states that he has no idea how the books will end, until he writes the end.

That is what I see in that quote at least.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote