View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 02:38 PM   #82
mdibella
Groupie
mdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheese

Device: Infinite Kindles, Occasional Sony's
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Well, to the extent they are not topaz format, strip off the DRM and convert them into LRF, and read them on your new Sony.

Problem solved ... and it's still not a contest, not when all it takes is a little ingenuity and a couple of free programs to do the job.
Uh huh, and if you have some way to remove the DRM from the AZW1 books, I'd love to hear about it.

For that matter, if I buy a bunch of books off the Sony store, and if at some point Amazon gets their heads out of their collective backsides and designs something really nice, how about a way to take my DRM'ed LRF books and convert them to MOBI?

EReader seems to be a reasonable solution, actually, since the decryption key is derived from the number of the credit card used to purchase the book...and who's gonna 'share' a book that has their credit card number embedded in it? Of course, EReader doesn't work on Kindle or Sony reader.

Again, it's not the DRM as such I object to, I am not a thief and do not pirate my ebooks. I object to the publishers who use DRM as an excuse to tie the buyer to their own hardware. That isn't 'digital rights management', it is 'digital rights abuse'.
mdibella is offline   Reply With Quote