View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 07:23 PM   #120
parkher
Evangelist
parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BL Alita/Mimas/Ares, OB Note2/Note, KA One/H2O/HD, S PRS T2/T1, PB 902
3 x T2
2 x T1
1 x Kobo Aura HD
1 x Pocket Book 902

To put it simply: T2 is the greatest reader in the world of all times when AMR (from rupor) and Cool Reader (from jotas) are installed. I doubt if T3 will be any better - they might go the PaperWhite way and screw things up just as badly.
Look at Kobo Aura HD: of the three new bad things in PaperWhite they managed to incorporate two.

I cannot believe that there are people who don't like T2 or who like T1 more than T2.
First of all, the white color of the screen of T2 is warmer, not bluish - just perfect.
The buttons are so much more pleasant to use than that narrow row without gaps on T1.
It is not glossy like T1 (at least the black one).
And its unofficial software is more developed than on T1, makes a big difference (thanks rupor!)

So I am very happy I got three of them before it became problematic to get T2 with firmware 1.0.03 or less.
Who wants a non-hacked reader?

Kobo Aura HD has the screen very similar to T2 only larger. It is really great: the screen and the text on it looks just like on T2 with the same great Amasis font.
With T2 I mostly read in landscape, Aura does not even have landscape, no need for it;
But Aura has no buttons and its software is on the level of not hacked T2.
Maybe things will change with Aura, let's hope. But for now I am not stocking nor stacking them just yet.

Last edited by parkher; 06-27-2013 at 07:28 PM.
parkher is offline   Reply With Quote