View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 02:17 AM   #129
kaito
Connoisseur
kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: k3w, gloHD
I am trying to cross compile a newer mplayer and it is successful, but I can't figure out why it uses so much cpu (which drains the battery).

I am using these compile instructions:

http://gitorious.org/kindlebrew/mpla...aster/build.sh

export CFLAGS="-O4 -I$ALSAPREFIX/include/ -march=armv6j -mtune=arm1136jf-s -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE"

mplayer -v ...
Configuration: --enable-cross-compile --enable-armv6 --target=arm-linux --host-cc=gcc --cc=arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc --as=arm-none-linux-gnueabi-as --nm=arm-none-linux-gnueabi-nm --ranlib=arm-none-linux-gnueabi-ranlib --disable-mencoder --disable-libdvdcss-internal --disable-dvdread-internal --disable-tv --disable-tga --disable-dvb --disable-v4l2 --disable-yuv4mpeg --disable-directfb --disable-fbdev --disable-ossaudio --disable-vcd

But this one made by fbdev:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=147854

mplayer -v ...
Configuration: --prefix=/tmp/mp --disable-mencoder --disable-directfb --disable-fbdev --disable-ossaudio

uses 10% cpu, much less. I suppose it isn't cross compiled. How can I properly cross compile it to do the same? I've tried different -O values in the CFLAGS but that only makes the cpu use worse.

Is it alsa? Something else? I'm using k3 keyboard.

Last edited by kaito; 05-10-2013 at 02:49 AM.
kaito is offline   Reply With Quote