View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 06:19 PM   #65
ihor
Enthusiast
ihor understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ihor understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ihor understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ihor understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ihor understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ihor understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ihor understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ihor understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ihor understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ihor understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ihor understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
I wonder if you could find an option for "Words Per Line" and ditch that gutter...

Like "Max!" "Normal" "Useless"
this is file \opt\amazon\ebook\lib\booklet.jar
class
\com\amazon\ebook\common\gui\overlay\resources\Pag eActionsOverlayResources.class

it has these lines:
"word.per.line.option.1", "fewest"
}, {
"word.per.line.option.2", "fewer"
}, {
"word.per.line.option.3", "default"

Do you want to change captions on "Max!" "Normal" "Useless" ?
Or to change values? Cause changing values would be more difficult - they are not in this resource file. finding values "40" would be more difficult.

There is a parameter HORIZONTAL_MARGIN in reader.pref file. I changed it to 20 and rebooted kindle. And it works. For me it is enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
I would heart that oh newly-crowned master of text tinkering : D
English is not my native language. Although I studied it at school and at university at applied linguistics department, I cannot translate this sentence anyway.

Could you please re-phrase it?
ihor is offline   Reply With Quote