View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 02:46 AM   #3
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
I saw there is a new 360+ out, does it support RBReader180?
Yes it does. You might need to use newer version of FBReader and Coolreader.
There are two new versions available, PB360+ and PB360+NEW. The newest model has faster processor, so pay attention to site selling them, some sites sell all models for almost identical prices. The new models (PB360+ and PB360+NEW) have also WiFi.
Software on new models is different (internaly) and I have noticed that the new models render fonts differently. So the font you like to use on your old model might look a teeeeeny bit different. You might need to look for another font that looks really great on the device.

By the way, I have played with PB602 and I do not like it much either. It has great software, great format support, but I didn't like the form factor that much.
If you are shopping, you might want to have a look at the new PB622 Touch. Seems to be much better device than PB602.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
Is there a small 6" close to the size of the PB360?
Quite a few. Most of the new 6 inch devices have similar width to PB360. None of them has lid, however.

Unfortunately, NY is not a good place to walk into a random store with electronics and buy PB360. There used to be one store, but I do not know whether it still sells PocketBooks, and if they do if they carry the newest models. PB company seems to have abandoned USA market.
Here is the contact:
http://www.pocketbookreader.com/Contact_Us.php
Quote:
E-Readers Kiosk
229 Brighton Beach Ave
Brooklyn NY 11235
Phone: (914) 374-5067
Business Hours: MON-SAT from 11 AM to 6 PM
Email: info@pocketbookreader.com
We were constantly bitching here about the fact that they sell readers much cheaper in USA. Instead of lowering prices here, as we secretly hoped they would, they stopped selling in USA ;-)

While you are in NY, have a look at stores. They might have some interesting e-ink reader on sale.
But NOT in the center of Manhattan! Some of the shops there have really bad reputation. They count on selling to travelers that have no way to come back and complain.
If I was in NY, and only had time to visit a single store, I would pay a visit to B&H Photo, Video & Pro Audio. B&H has great reputation for selling you what is best for you and not what brings them highest profit [for that single purchase]. That strategy works very well in the long term. There are LOTS of very positive reviews about them on the net.

Last edited by kacir; 08-06-2012 at 02:49 AM.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote