View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 09:19 PM   #9
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
It does seem to me that patents are really intended to protect a specific design rather than the concept. I.e. a specific tire tread pattern or construction method can be patent protected, but just because Goodyear has a patent on a tire, doesn't mean that Michellen is infringing that patent by making a tire of their own, even if it's very similar in look, feel, function, etc. In fact, any lawsuit that tried to claim such a thing would be laughed out of the clerk's office before it even got filed. Why then do patent applications go through for things like shopping carts? I expect it's because the patent clerks don't have any grasp of 'software stuff'
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote